About Our Credit Union
United For a Strong Foundation…
Columbus United Federal Credit Union began operations in 1949 as the Behlen Employee’s Credit Union. Membership was expanded to include Lindsay Manufacturing employees in 1984 forming the Behlen-Lindsay Employee’s Credit Union. Over the next couple years, several area businesses joined the credit union and a name change was needed to reflect our broad community base. In 1986 our name was changed to United Credit Union.
In 1990 the credit union received a federal charter and the name Columbus United Federal Credit Union.
In August 2001 a Community Charter was approved by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Our expanded field of membership includes anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Platte, Butler, Colfax, Polk and Nance counties.