Columbus United Federal Credit Union Timeline:
- 1949 - chartered as the Behlen Employee’s Credit Union.
- 1984 - renamed the Behlen-Lindsay Employee’s Credit Union as the credit union expanded to include Lindsay Manufacturing employees
- 1986 - renamed United Credit Union to reflect our broad community base as several area businesses joined the credit union.
- 1990 - the credit union received a federal charter and the name Columbus United Federal Credit Union.
- 2001 - a Community Charter was approved by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Our expanded field of membership includes anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Platte, Butler, Colfax, Polk and Nance counties.